Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Day 5 continued: The Rush to See the Glockenspiel

It's a bird. It's a plane. It's a Glockenspiel!



After our tour of the summer palace in Munich, we had to hurry so we wouldn't miss the noon playing of the Glockenspiel. What is a Glockenspiel, you ask?

It's this...



I don't remember the true translation (someone smarter than me can correct me) but I think it means a clock story. This one plays out three stories with dancing figurines as music plays for about 5 minutes.

There's the wedding story...






I love this part...






Then the dance of the cobblers...









The third part is something about a chicken but it wasn't very exciting so no photos.

After we saw this, we had lunch and then most of the group went on to Dachau while a few of us stayed behind in Munich.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment